Training with Burnden
Training sessions at Burnden aim to support you in your running by offering a variety of activities each week that will meet your needs, whether you are…
• training for a specific race in the club championship
• benefits of running that helps our mental wellbeing
• seeking a less intensive session, as you recover from a race the day before
• seeking a specific type of session, e.g. hill training or interval training
• new to running
• wanting to build up to a certain distance/achieve a certain pace per mile
• returning to running after an injury
BOOKING ON A RUN
We use RunTogther to book on our training sessions you can download the app free below.
Once you download the app, you can save Burnden Road Runners as your favourite group, you can then see all our training sessions available to book.
Clicking my schedule within the app will show you the sessions you are booked onto, here you can cancel a session you are booked onto.
7pm at Smithills Sports Centre
We meet at at Smithills Sports Centre every Monday evening (except Bank Holidays).
We have a variety of sessions each week from effort sessions, muster runs, trail runs, Beginners groups.
Tuesday Morning 10am
Community Track Session at Bolton Arena
Our New Free Community Track session, with focus on the session being open to anybody in the community, the sessions are for all abilities and everyone is supported.
The session is finished with a coffee and cake in the arena cafe afterwards.
Wednesday Evening 7pm 1 foot on the track Leverhulme Park
Our popular 1 foot on the track at Leverhulme park is a well established and organised track session, perfect if you are focusing on personal running target.